Belvedere of the embodying benevolence (Tiren ge)
The belvedere of benevolence was originally called the civil belvedere (wen lou). Its current name was given by the Qing emperors who were inspired by the ancient writings. It is to the south-east of the pavilion of the supreme harmony, it dates from the Qianlong period (1736-1795). Emperor Kangxi (1662-1722) used the pavilion to test candidates for ministers on poetry. Since the reign of Emperor Qianlong this pavilion has been used as dressing room of the royal family, making it a real royal clothing store.
Back to the list of the pavilions of the forbidden city