Palace of eternal Harmony

FR EN ES

Palace of eternal Harmony


Palace of the eternal harmony (Yonghe gong)


Palace of the eternal harmony

Palace of the eternal harmony

Built in 1420, this palace was the residence of the imperial concubines Ming (1368-1644) and Qing (1644-1911). This palace is located in the eastern interior annexes, ie the North-East zone of the forbidden city. As the photo above shows, this palace had a roof extremely decorated with colored ceramics. The eaves are very worked too. Inside there are porcelain exhibits from the Neolithic period, and then back in time to the last dynasty, the Qing.

This palace is part of six Eastern palaces, in the oriental annexes inside.



See too:

Back to the list of the pavilions of the forbidden city




Copyright 2013 - 2021 - Any reproduction prohibited without the authorization of the author. This website is a private, unofficial site resulting from the compilation work of the works of different authors. Unless otherwise stated, the pictures are free of rights. To distinguish free illustrations from others, see: Documentary sources. Other Internet sites of the same author in other fields: Marguerite Duras, Les Pyrénées Catalanes. Author of the website : See credits.