Palace of great brilliance (Jingyang gong)
Built under the dynasty Ming (1368-1644) and rebuilt in 1686 during the 20th e year of reign of Emperor Kangxi (1662-1722), this palace was used as a library. Qianlong had one of the copies of the Song book put on it, book written by Emperor Song Gaozong (1127-1162). His first court had an annex in which Qianlong came to read. The princes came also here to study.
This palace exhibits over 500 historical bronze pieces from ancient China.
This palace is part of six Eastern palaces, in the oriental annexes inside.
Back to the list of the pavilions of the forbidden city