Pavilion of myriad springtimes (Wanchun ting)
The Ten Thousand Spring Pavilion is a small building located in the Imperial Gardens. It is after the construction of the forbidden city, it dates from 1535 (The forbidden city was built between 1407 and 1420). His name is due to the fact that the emperor regularly received shouts of voice "Ten thousand lives!"
This pavilion is original in that it has a square base and a circular tower, a real technical challenge that was also raised by the cathedral builders in Europe.
Back to the list of the pavilions of the forbidden city