Pavilion of rigorous justice

FR EN ES

Pavilion of rigorous justice


Pavilion of rigorous justice (Hongyi ge)

Located south-west of the Hall of Supreme Harmony, the Pavilion of Rigorous Justice was originally known as the "Martial Pavilion" (Wu lou) its original name. During Jiajing's reign he was changed to "hall of Martial Victories". His current name was given to him by the Qing emperors (1644-1911). During this dynasty it was used to store gold and silver ritual instruments.

Measuring 9 bays long and 3 floors, the building has the particularity of not having a window on the first two floors. This is where was stored the encyclopedia of the era of Emperor Chengzu (Ming Dynasty)



Pavilion of rigorous justice

Pavilion of rigorous justice


Pavilion of rigorous justice

Pavilion of rigorous justice



See too:

Back to the list of the pavilions of the forbidden city




Copyright 2013 - 2021 - Any reproduction prohibited without the authorization of the author. This website is a private, unofficial site resulting from the compilation work of the works of different authors. Unless otherwise stated, the pictures are free of rights. To distinguish free illustrations from others, see: Documentary sources. Other Internet sites of the same author in other fields: Marguerite Duras, Les Pyrénées Catalanes. Author of the website : See credits.