Studio of establishing teachings (Weiyu zhai)
Ce pavillon se trouve dans le jardin impérial. De façon assez originale ce pavillon, qui était une salle de classe, ressemble... à un préfabriqué !
The Teaching Lodge is located in the northwestern part of the Imperial Garden (Yu Huayuan). It has been renamed several times and took the current name in the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). Weiyu's name is derived from a phrase in "The Doctrine of Golden Mean" (Zhongyong), highlighting one of the political ideals of Confucius' teaching. In front of the studio is a pond on which an arch bridge was built. Above the bridge is the Pavilion of auspicious clarity (Chengrui ting). The pavilion was used as a room for Buddha worship for a time.
Back to the list of the pavilions of the forbidden city